Stapylton Road Project
Principal: Brisbane City Council
Location: Heathwood/Forrest Lake
Status: In Progress
The Stapylton Road upgrade will involve upgrading Stapylton Road to four lanes between Wadeville Street and the north side connection to the Logan Motorway, with provision to upgrade to six lanes in the future. Once completed there will be a dual carriageway link for the full distance between the Ipswich and Logan Motorways, greatly enhancing connectivity and accessibility for commuters and many local residents who use these routes.
The upgrade will include:
- providing an upgraded four lane, median divided carriageway
- upgrading the intersection at Sanctuary Drive, Parkwood Drive and Stapylton Road
- installing centre medians and street lighting
- providing on-road bicycle lanes
- providing pedestrian footpaths on both sides of the road for the full length of the project
- providing four indented bus bays to cater to future public transport routes.
Survey Dynamics have been contracted to provide surveying services for this project which will involve:
- Initial quantity takeoffs and EOM reporting
- Building of pavement layer models
- Setout of roadworks, services, structures and all as-constructed requirements
- Establishing and maintaining machine control.